How to Keep Your Pavers Looking Great in Melbourne, Florida
Posted: March 16th, 2020
Pavers are versatile and can be used for a variety of outdoor style landscapes. They are essential in creating an amazing outdoor design and can boost home value and mitigate weed growth. If you’re contemplating getting pavers installed on your Melbourne, Florida property and are wondering how they need to be maintained, this article is for you!
Pavers are low maintenance, that being said, low maintenance does not mean they require no maintenance and are damage proof. There are steps you can take to prevent damage and keep them looking their best.
Paver Maintenance Tips
- Proper Installation - Maintenance begins the moment the pavers are installed, so make sure you hire a professional, reliable company in Melbourne, Florida - a company like Smilin’ Curbs!
- Clean them Regularly - Cleaning includes hosing down on your own, but also hiring a company to come out really clean them up with a power washing session.
- Paver Sealing - Sealing the pavers following a power wash is a great step to prevent future discoloration, damage and to increase longevity.
- Top with Jointing Sand - Occasionally, your pavers may need sand added to the joints, which is the area in between the pavers. The sand plays a vital role in durability against wear and tear and durability in severe weather conditions like hurricanes.
- Ensure Proper Drainage - Proper drainage is important, there shouldn’t be any standing water on the surface of the pavers. Pooling water creates a variety of issues and can attract pesky bugs like mosquitos.